I know finding the right (healthy) beauty products isn't always easy! It's not that you don't want to use the less toxic products, it's just that they don't always do the job. Yes, I agree it can be tough! Not to mention, who has time to go digging through the plethora of so called "healthier" brands out there? Not to worry my sweet and healthy friends. I have put together a list of some of our favorite bathroom essentials. I look for healthy, natural and good for you ingredients!
1. Karma Naturals Nail Polish Remover with Soybean Oil and Lavender. It's flip flop season, which means our toes are out and being painted on the regular! Sorry to break this news to you, but nail polish and remover can be extremely toxic. When I came across this little gem, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take care of our mitts with this deliciously smelling product. It is soybean oil based, non-toxic, non carcinogenic (carcinogenic could potentially cause cancer), derived from American farm crops, and packaged in biodegradable and recyclable materials. It doesn't smell bad, it quickly removes the polish with little product and it lasts forever!
2. Origins VitaZing SPF 15 Energy-boosting moisturizer with Mangosteen. You may have heard me talk about this line before. I absolutely LOVE this company and what their product does for my skin. Origins is a natural skin care company with earth-friendly practices. I love a number of its products, but for summer, I'm digging this tinted moisturizer. It hydrates the skin, protects it and gives it an energizing look. Foundation isn't always needed, especially on hot summer days. We use this product in place of our foundations to give than even and glowing coverage. In my opinion, this is a MUST HAVE!
3. Burt's Bee's Pink Grapefruit facial cleansing towelettes. I love Burt's Bee's effort to provide natural beauty products for the whole family. It's a product that doesn't leave you guessing what it's made of. You can understand most of the ingredients, leaving you feeling good about what you put on your largest organ (skin)! The towelettes wash away the dirt, oil and make-up after a long and busy day! It's especially great for after a workout, or sweaty yoga sesh, when you can't rush home right away. Not to mention, it smells fresh and AMAZING!
4. Aveda brilliant Damage Control with chamomile. As you can tell there is a theme going here. I like to invest in earth-friendly and environmentally friendly products. That's where my love affair with Aveda comes in, because the company does just that! As much as we should be protecting our skin from UV rays, we should also be doing the same for our hair and scalp. Not only does this spray protect against thermal styling and breakage from combing, but also sun damage too! Spray this on towel dried hair before styling and before heading out to get some sun.
5. Eco by Sonya Invisible Tan. This is NOT the first time you have witnessed this Australian beauty on our healthy home. I rave about this product because I love the ingredients and what it can do for our skin. It is a certified organic moisturizing self tan for face and body. It's created with a blend of aloe vera, avocado oil and rose geranium oil. The invisible vegan formula won't stain your sheets either. So, you can put it on before bed without any issues. Save your skin from sun damage this summer and stick with this safe and healthy alternative.
6. Pink Grapefruit Organic Raw Sugar Scrub from Dirty Girl Farm. To say that I am obsessed with this Michigan based company is an understatement. My husband's aunt who lives in the Detroit area introduced me to this lovely product and I haven't stopped using it since. The company created natural and organic products for your skin and home. Since we are all about grapefruit this summer, we are loving this scrub. It does wonder when trying to scrub away dry skin. It also leaves my skin glowing, moisturized and smelling delicious! I can read and understand EVERY single ingredient in this product. AWESOME!
7. Bug Off! from Dirty Girl Farm. I told you we love this company. This product is a natural alternative to those chemical laden sprays. It uses a blend of botanicals and essential oils to chase those pesky bugs away! It is also safe for children and pets. Not only do I love that it fights of bugs, I also LOVE the smell of this spray. It smells like a sweet summer night, that I can't get enough of!
Note: www.JennaLento.com was not paid to endorse or compensated for any of the items above. Opinions and views are our own.