Working out isn’t usually something we rush out of the house to do. I mean, maybe once in awhile, but most likely not. I’m in love with the physical results, mood boosting side effects, and increase in energy. However, even knowing how good it feels afterwards, there are still days that i have to talk myself into hitting the gym. I’ve recently realized, that it isn’t necessarily the working out part we dislike, it’s more of what we're are or aren't doing that isn't helping out cause. In other words, we often need a little motivation. Here are my favorite ways to stay motivated to workout and fit!
- Schedule your workouts. Before the week begins, plan what days you are going to workout, and what you will be doing. Write it in a planner and for heaven's sake, don't cancel on yourself (I mean that would be kind of rude). ;)
- Mix up your workout plan. You don’t have to do the same thing every single day. Remove boredom by trying something new, changing your workout plan each week, and try to keep things new and different.
- Find a class, workout buddy, or trainer to keep you motivated. Sometimes we need a little extra boost of encouragement from those around us.
- Buy some new workout gear and feel good in it! When I get a new water bottle, tank, or pair of sneaks, I’m much more motivated to try my new gear at the gym. Have fun with it!
- Infuse your water with fruit and herbs. There’s nothing more refreshing than fresh water filled with flavor and nutrition.
- Get outside and get some fresh air. Not only is changing up your workout important, but also changing up the scene. Try taking your workout to the great outdoors to cycle in fresh oxygen and a enjoy a new view.
- Workout first thing in the morning. You know what they say, complete your workout before you can talk yourself out of it.
- Plan a delicious post workout meal or snack to look forward to. Our bodies need recovery meals, so why not make it delicious? If we have something to look forward to, we’re more likely to get the job done. My favorite is our Post Workout Power Bites or one of our protein packed smoothies (check out the recipes page for recipe ideas).
- After accomplishing your workout goals, reward yourself. Set a goal to determine how many days you want to workout each week, and at the end of the month (if you’ve met your goal) reward yourself with a new tank, pedicure, or even a massage!
- Sign up for a 5k or other fun race. This will push you to train for the big day, encourage you to get moving, and have something to look forward to!
Working out doesn’t have to be dreadful. Find ways to stay motivated and encouraged to stay on track. At the end of the day, moving your body should be fun, and at the same time challenging. Set goals, put a plan in place, and don’t forget to reward yourself for the hard work you’ve put in!