That dreaded alarm clock goes off and the only thing you want to do is crawl back into bed. The daunting tasks, to-do list, and busy day ahead don't make the early wakeup call any more appealing. Between the house chores, work, and kiddos, there isn't much time to fit in that sweat sesh. You want to get it done before the busy day begins, but the motivation just isn't there. I teach a few early morning classes at Pure Barre, so I know what that early alarm clock feels like. The sun isn't up, but day is calling your name. While I can't change your busy schedule, I can help that early morning routine with a little more ease. Here are a few of my favorite ways to boost the morning motivation, to get up and moving!
1. PLAN YOUR WORKOUT. When the alarm clock goes off at 5:00 in the morning, the last thing you want to do is think about what workout you're going to do. Set some time beforehand to map out your morning workout. If putting together a workout isn't your thing, head over to our workout section here at www.JennaLento.com for some inspiration. You can also join a fitness class and sign up ahead of time.
2. WORKOUT WITH A FRIEND. Buddy up with one of your gals pals for your workout plan. If you have someone to hold you accountable, you may be less likely to cancel. The encouragement you and your friend can offer one another is priceless!
3. AMP UP YOUR FASHION AND PLAN YOUR OUTFIT. Recently, fashion blogger Stacy Weber stopped by to show us how fashion can motivate your workout. It's so true! Have you ever heard the saying, "when you look good, you play good?" Be confident in your workout with a new tank or leggings that make you feel confident! Don't forget to lay that trendy fitness apparel out the night before, so you don't have to spend time or energy doing it in the morning.
4. PREP YOUR BREAKFAST AHEAD OF TIME. For those of us who have to eat a little something before the sweat, have everything prepped the night before. I like to have my lemon water sitting in the mug, so I can drink it right away. Also, have the coffee ground an ready ready to go. Then all you have to do is press a button and enjoy the fresh smell of joe lingering throughout the kitchen. Lastly, if your breakfast can be prepped ahead, do so to save on time. Did I mention having all of these goodies ready to go, makes waking up a little more appealing?
5. GO TO BED EARLY. We all know getting seven to nine hours of shut eye is crucial. It helps with mental clarity, energy, and can even prevent weight gain. We need rest to recover, restore, and heal our bodies. Try hitting the pillow the same time every night, getting into a routine, and getting the proper amount of sleep needed to feel your best the next day.
6. TREAT YOURSELF AFTER YOUR WORKOUT. If you follow me on social media or even Snapchat, you will notice I'm always snacking on somehthing healthy after I workout. Sometimes, it's a delicious egg white and veggie sandwich on gluten free bread. If I'm in a pinch or won't be home for awhile, I grab one of my favorite clean protein bars. I always look forward to that post workout treat (I love Perfect Bars). It actually pushes me through that workout and gives me something to look forward to!
7. TALK YOURSELF THROUGH IT. While the early morning wake up call may not seem appealing, remind yourself how good you'll feeel post workout. You may experience more energy, confidence, and sense of accomplishment! I often find working out in the morning helps me to make healthier choices throughout the day.
Working out in the morning definitely offers your body and mind some healthy benefits! If you're struggling with your morning workout, or squeezing in a workout with your schedule, try incorporating some of these suggestions. Don't forget to let us know how it goes. I love hearing from you!